January 4, 2013

Simplicity


Wow. It's high time I dust of this little bloggie. It has been a whirlwind past three months. We sold our condo, house-hunted, traveled to Idaho for my grandpa's unexpected funeral, had 3 crazy holidays, started a little business, and most recently this past weekend moved into our first house. Not to mention trying to be a good wife and mom, neighbor, church member, friend, and keep up with work. There were days were I sat down and instead of doing one of the million things on my list, I simply sat there overwhelmed because I didn't even know how to make a dent in everything that needed to be done.
I dislike the feeling that your life is moving so fast that you can't keep up, and suddenly you realize months has past and it's a legitimate shock. That you're so busy that you can't savor the small, simple, beautiful things every single day. The things that make your life fulfilling and real. So that's why one of my resolutions this year is to slow down. To enjoy those moments with my husband and children that will never be there again.


Goodbye 2012, you were good to us. Here's to a wonderful 2013. And here's to slowing down. 

No comments:

Post a Comment