September 4, 2012

Why the lens



The other day I was sitting on the couch catching up on some work. Just another ordinary, busy day. I looked over my computer to see my two kids sitting on the floor together, playing. Chanley was making Conley giggle hysterically by leaning over him and tickling him with her hair. I knew it was just a matter of time before the giggling would turn into screams as Conley would reach up to grab his big sister's hair in his tiny strong fists. This is a regular occurance at our home, yet it was like I was seeing it for the first time. All of a sudden a lump formed in my throat and the tears came. Those kids can't be mine. That girl is much too young to be in pre-school, and when did my newborn start crawling?! How did my little babies get so big, so fast? 

I'm a mom. And like most mom's, my days are a blur of children, toys, messes, cleaning, crying, laughing, nursing, more nursing, showering (if I'm lucky), and working. It's a good life. An exhausting life, but a happy one. The one regret I have is that there never seems to be enough time in a day. Before I know it, the sun has gone down again and another day is gone. And the days and months start to blur together.

I want so badly to remember every sweet moment of this crazy, beautiful time of my life. I've tried writing things down. I must have the world record for the most amount of journals started but never completed past page 6. When it comes to recording things, I much prefer a lens to a pen and paper.

So that's why I take pictures. It's the only way I've found to stop time for just a tiny second.
Because life is short, and I have a bad memory. ;)


2 comments:

  1. Love it! I can't wait to see your life through photos! You have a beautiful family! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your new blog. I am looking forward to more posts and updates on your adorable family.

    ReplyDelete